Welcome and Nursery Vision
Ark Ayrton nursery is a term time nursery, offering quality child care for up to 140 children aged 16 months to 5 years from 07:30 – 18:00, Monday to Friday (close at 5pm on a Wednesday), 39 weeks of the year.
We also offer a breakfast and afterschool club for children attending Ark Ayrton Primary up to eleven years old.
We offer free government funded sessions (15hrs for eligible 2 year olds) and up to 30 hours for 3 and 4 year olds depending on eligibility.
Our Vision: Aim high, work hard, play fair and shine brightly
We expect all members of our nursery community to uphold our values, to 'aim high, work hard, play fair, shine brightly'.
This might be a parent aiming high for their child by reading with them every day. Staff work hard by always providing a safe, secure and enhanced learning environment. Children can play fair by learning to help each other and will shine brightly by making great choices.
By all working towards the same set of values we model appropriate expectations, support one another and keep our common goals at the forefront of our minds.
- High expectations – of each other; children, staff, parents and the community
- Exemplary behaviour – demonstrated by everyone, all the time
- Excellent teaching and learning – accelerated progress
- More time for learning through play – excellent attendance, purposeful play opportunities both inside and out
- Depth before breadth – Prime areas secure before the specific areas are developed (Personal, Social and Emotional, Communication and Language, Physical development before Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the world and Expressive Arts and Design)
- Knowing every child – valuing every individual, meeting the needs of every child, having key people who provide tailored learning.
Ensuring each child's needs are met
The nursery has a highly qualified and dedicated staff team offering a home-from-home atmosphere where children are cared for in a safe and secure environment. We provide fun learning and purposeful play opportunities both inside and out linked with the Early Years Foundation Stage; all aimed at each child’s interests and next steps, making sure each child’s developmental needs are being met.
The nursery is situated between Fratton and Portsmouth and Southsea train station and is a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre. We are situated on the same site as Ark Ayrton Primary Academy.
If you would like to receive more information about the nursery or book in for a show round please contact us on 02392 829899 or email Nurserymanager@arkayrtonprimary.org